Venture Events Coordinator, Innovation & Venture
Venture Events Coordinator, Innovation & Venture
World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Innovation & Venture (I&V) team leads WBC’s dedicated effort to drive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy through a portfolio of initiatives and programs governed by a council of technology leaders. With the mission to grow Chicago’s vibrant tech ecosystem, I&V’s strategic focus areas include capital, talent, industry, and community.
World Business Chicago (WBC) is seeking a Venture Events Associate to aid the Innovation & Venture (I&V) team to support the Chicago Venture Summit program. The program will include sector-specific Chicago Venture Summits and other comparable venture-focused events to convene regional and national investors. The Venture Events Associate for I&V will support the organization’s mission, vision and values, reporting to the Venture Program Manager and receiving leadership, engagement and direction from the EVP of Innovation & Venture, our Innovation & Venture Council Chair, and World Business Chicago leadership.
The Venture Events Associate will work closely with the various organizations that currently exist in Chicago’s technology ecosystem and should be proactive in developing and implementing ideas to help make Chicago an even better city in which to build startups and help grow Chicago into a more inclusive innovation ecosystem. The Venture Events Associate should have familiarity with Chicago’s technology community. Additional experience working with startups or in community engagement is a plus. The Venture Events Associate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Event Production & Strategy:
- Primary coordinator for the Chicago Venture Summit program and related venture-focused events.
- Manage event logistics, including vendor relationships, venture capital participation, and corporate engagement for the Chicago Venture Summit series, partner events, and related initiatives.
- Support the development of program content, activities, and promotional strategy, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop event agenda and themes
- Venture Capital & Technology Community Engagement:
- Successfully manage multiple relationships with various stakeholders in Chicago’s venture capital & startup community.
- Support development of sponsorship programs, ensuring strong working relationships with all sponsors.
- Project Management & Operations:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- External Communications:
- Manage and support communications strategy with selected partners to advertise and build awareness of the Chicago Venture Summit series & program.
- Contribute to communications products, including outreach plans, press releases, and blog posts to drive awareness of the Chicago Venture Summit series & program.
- Manage maintenance and updates for program website and other relevant digital and social media assets.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s technology/innovation community.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning, and execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high-priority and pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive-level leadership
- Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in events management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Financial budget and reporting experience.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3-5 professional references with references contact information to:
World Business Chicago
180 N LaSalle Street, Suite 2505, Chicago, IL 60601
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree