ThinkChicago Program Associate, ThinkChicago
ThinkChicago Program Associate, ThinkChicago
World Business Chicago
World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
As part of the Innovation & Venture (I&V) team, ThinkChicago is WBC’s national STEM talent attraction and retention program for Chicago technology and innovation companies. ThinkChicago invites the brightest university students across the city and around the country to explore Chicago’s dynamic tech ecosystem through a series of immersion events designed to connect diverse, top-tier university talent with career opportunities – both full-time jobs and internships.
World Business Chicago is seeking a Program Associate to aid the ThinkChicago Program Manager in the management of current and future initiatives, including yearly flagship events (i.e. ThinkChicago Lollapalooza, ThinkChicago Advanced Degree Exchange, and ThinkChicago Summits with university partners). The Program Associate for ThinkChicago will support the organization’s mission, vision and values, reporting to the ThinkChicago Program Manager, Executive Vice President of Innovation & Venture Strategy and receiving leadership, engagement and direction from our Chair and World Business Chicago leadership.
The Program Associate will work closely with the various organizations that currently exist in Chicago’s technology ecosystem and should be proactive in developing and implementing ideas for companies to attract, develop and retain STEM talent.
The Program Associate should have familiarity with Chicago’s technology community. Additional experience working with startups, student engagement, and/or in talent/workforce development is a plus. The Program Associate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide support with event logistics, student participation, and corporate engagement for all ThinkChicago programs and related talent initiatives
- Support development of program content, activities and promotional strategy.
- Manage and create ongoing relationships with local and national universities to help build awareness and promote ThinkChicago initiatives
- Maintain and update digital tools including online application systems and student surveys.
- Manage student communications leading up to, during, and after the program
- Manage maintenance and updates for program websites and other relevant digital and social media assets.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Successfully support, and in some cases manage, multiple relationships with various stakeholders in Chicago innovation and technology ecosystem
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support WBC leadership in reporting and communicating progress to various stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to impeccably execute projects
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s technology/innovation community.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning and execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive level leadership
- Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred.
- 2 years of experience in project/program management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Financial budget and reporting experience.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and list of 3-5 professional references with references contact information to: Carrie Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
World Business Chicago at SeedCon 2022
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree