ThinkChicago Homecoming 2021
ThinkChicago’s fall flagship event ThinkChicago Homecoming 2021 took place on November 4th-6th. We invited top-tier university students from across Chicago and around the country to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Chicago’s thriving tech & innovation sector.
The three-day immersion event included:
- Keynote remarks by:
- Colleen Egan – President & CEO, Illinois Science and Technology Coalition & Institute
- Thru Shivakumar – CEO & Cofounder, cohesion
- Kristen Sonday – COO & CoFounder, Paladin
- A company showcase where local company/startups representatives connected with ThinkChicago participants on current job/internship opportunities.
- A civic tech challenge where student teams proposed innovative solutions in response to the City of Chicago’s Recovery Task Force (RTF) report.
- A series of panel discussions and networking sessions with various leaders of Chicago’s tech and innovation ecosystem.
- Career exploration opportunities with startups from 1871, 2112, Duality, MATTER, mHUB, Techstars, Workbox, and others.
- And career exploration opportunities with innovative companies like Additive Monitoring Systems, Ahh Towel, Bring Me That, Cameo, CampfireSocial, CareBand, Cast21, Cohesion, Duality, Enzyme by Design, Improovy, Kavnia Coffee, Lava, and many other official ThinkChicago company partners.
As World Business Chicago’s national STEM talent attraction and retention program, ThinkChicago is supported by anchor partners: the City of Chicago, the University of Illinois System, and City Colleges of Chicago.
Below is a gallery of photos Saturday’s in-person session.
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree