Chicago Venture Summit Reveals Second Group of Presenting Companies for October Event
Emerging companies selected in mobile security, fintech, digital marketing, auto claims appraisals, edtech, mobile engagement, on-demand utilization, and healthtech categories
Organizers for the Chicago Venture Summit today announce the next 10 emerging growth companies that will present in front of the nation’s leading venture capital firms during the Midwest venture event on October 15th.
- YCharts – The Chicago financial terminal provides tools to access and interpret financial data anywhere at any time. YCharts has received funding from Hyde Park Angels, Amicus Capital, Morningstar, I2A Fund, Reed Elsevier Ventures and Social Leverage.
- Snapsheet – The Chicago self-service claim system streamlines the process from dispatch to settlement for both customers and adjusters. Snapsheet’s investors include OCA Ventures, Lightbank, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Commerce Ventures.
- viaForensics – The Oak Park, Ill. company offers a suite of mobile device security products that provide BYOD and mobile app security as well as Android forensics. viaForensics has been backed by Jump Capital.
- LISNR – The Cincinnati, Ohio, company offers mobile solutions for content creators and advertisers to enhance mobile engagement by allowing users to interact with audio via smartphones. LISNR’s funding has come from Jump Capital, CincyTech, Mercury Fund and Progress Ventures.
- SpotHero – The Chicago parking platform allows users to search and compare parking spot rates in several major cities and then reserve a space at a discounted rate through prepayment. SpotHero’s funding includes G2T3V, 500 Startups, e.ventures, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Battery Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Techstars Chicago, Lakewest Venture Partners, Draper & Associates, Lightbank, OCA Ventures, Bullpen Capital and David Cohen, managing partner at Techstars.
- ParkWhiz – The Chicago parking service allows users to compare, reserve and pay for parking on the fly. Funding for ParkWhiz includes Hyde Park Angels, Hyde Park Venture Partners, Amicus Capital, Jump Capital, Henry Feinberg, chairman at Maxim Revenue Management Systems and Director at Mattersight, Y Combinator and Initialized Capital.
- SIM Partners – The Chicago digital marketing company offers Velocity, a SaaS local marketing platform for enterprise brands and Velocity Social, a social CRM tool that is an extension of the Velocity platform. Backers of SIM Partners include Jump Capital and River Cities Capital Funds.
- eSpark Learning – The Chicago company offers a platform to help schools achieve personalized, blended learning on the iPad. eSpark’s funding has come from 500 Startups, NewSchools Venture Fund, Learn Capital and MK Capital.
- Pervasive Health – The Chicago company offers Apervita, a secure self-service platform for health authors to publish digital health insights to the Apervita marketplace that can then be purchased by health professionals.
- Opternative – The Chicago company offers refractive eye exams online. Opternative has been backed by Lakewest Venture Partners, Tribeca Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Apex Venture Partners, FireStarter Fund, McNally Capital, Herrmann Financial Services, Inc., and Sg2.
Additional announcements regarding presenting companies at the Chicago Venture Summit will be announced in the coming weeks.
About the Chicago Venture Summit
The Chicago Venture Summit will be held at Venue Six10 on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue. The Summit’s agenda includes presentations by dozens of the top emerging tech companies in the Midwest, panel discussions with national technology experts, and private dinners with C-suite leaders of the Midwest’s Fortune 100 companies.
ChicagoNEXT seeks to create innovative programs to foster technology and entrepreneurship in Chicago, including shared space partnerships, exchange programs for entrepreneurs and outreach to venture capital firms and technology talent. ChicagoNEXT is led by J.B. Pritzker and is an outgrowth of World Business Chicago, chaired by Mayor Rahm Emanuel. WBC leads the city’s business retention, attraction and expansion efforts, raises Chicago’s position as a premier global business destination, and guides implementation of the Plan for Economic Growth & Jobs.
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree