World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Research Center provides cross-functional support to enhance WBC’s thought leadership in attracting, expanding and retaining businesses, promoting Chicago as a global business destination, and designing and scaling initiatives for economic growth.
Summary and Job Responsibilities
The Research Analyst is responsible for assisting the Research Center with key initiatives as assigned and will have the opportunity to take a consultative approach to the workflow on cross-functional teams. The individual is dynamic, hard-working, and eager to engage in an “all-hands-on-deck” small-team environment with strong data gathering and analysis skills and a passion for applying research to drive economic development in Chicago through WBC’s mission and goals. The Research Analyst is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Research.
- Queries data from economic and business indicator databases for analysis and reporting
- Builds custom comparative analyses and research outlining Chicago’s competitive advantages
- Supports responses to external requests for information from companies and their intermediaries, media, City of Chicago, civic stakeholders, and other partners
- Assembles, analyzes, and presents data for use in weekly dashboards, presentations, Research Center white papers, website, and other materials
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in economics, urban planning, statistics, or a related field
- High proficiency in Excel (GIS, Tableau, or R experience strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of economic development concepts and analytical applications
- Excellent academic record
- Highly collaborative work style
- Desire to problem-solve thoughtfully and creatively
- Positive, proactive attitude toward projects and work
- Strong sense of organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy
- Willingness to receive feedback on work and overall progress
- Able to physically be in the office (downtown Chicago) at least 3 days per week with the option of 2 days remote
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
Please email a resume and cover letter to: HR@worldbusinesschicago.com.
World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree