World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Research Center provides cross-functional support to enhance WBC’s thought leadership in attracting, expanding and retaining businesses, promoting Chicago as a global business destination, and designing and scaling initiatives for economic growth.
Summary and Job Responsibilities
The Research Analyst is responsible for assisting the Research Center with key initiatives as assigned and will have the opportunity to take a consultative approach to the workflow on cross-functional teams. The individual is dynamic, hard-working, and eager to engage in an “all-hands-on-deck” small-team environment with strong data gathering and analysis skills and a passion for applying research to drive economic development in Chicago through WBC’s mission and goals. The Research Analyst is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Research.
- Queries data from economic and business indicator databases for analysis and reporting
- Builds custom comparative analyses and research outlining Chicago’s competitive advantages
- Supports responses to external requests for information from companies and their intermediaries, media, City of Chicago, civic stakeholders, and other partners
- Assembles, analyzes, and presents data for use in weekly dashboards, presentations, Research Center white papers, website, and other materials
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in economics, urban planning, statistics, or a related field
- High proficiency in Excel (GIS, Tableau, or R experience strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of economic development concepts and analytical applications
- Excellent academic record
- Highly collaborative work style
- Desire to problem-solve thoughtfully and creatively
- Positive, proactive attitude toward projects and work
- Strong sense of organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy
- Willingness to receive feedback on work and overall progress
- Able to physically be in the office (downtown Chicago) at least 3 days per week with the option of 2 days remote
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
Please email a resume and cover letter to: HR@worldbusinesschicago.com.
World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.
Getting to Know DCASE Commissioner Erin Harkey
Tell us about where you grew up and tell a special high school memory/story. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and went to Santa Monica High School; high…
Black History Spotlight - Blake Anthony-Johnson
A Conversation with Blake-Anthony Johnson, CEO and President of Chicago Sinfonietta Blake-Anthony Johnson’s multifaceted career has included work as a performer, collaborator, recording artist, and
Black History Spotlight - Leon Walker
Meet Leon Walker Over the past 20 years, Leon I. Walker, Esq., has spearheaded cutting-edge community development projects that have generated thousands of new jobs and brought grocery stores and&hell
INVEST South/West breaks ground on its first project of the year in South Shore and brings a $100 million media campus to the area
By: Markayle Tolliver South Shore, Chicago, IL | This afternoon, Regal Mile Studios along with Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Alderwoman Michelle Harris (8th ward), Jim Reynolds, LOOP Capital CEO, and the&he