China General Chamber of Commerce-Chicago Annual Gala Gubernatorial-CEO Roundtable
On June 29, 2017, the China General Chamber of Commerce-Chicago held their annual Gala at the Sheraton Grand Chicago. One of the most important events for U.S.-China business relations, the Gala, under the theme, “New Era – Opportunities & Challenges in U.S.-China Economic Cooperation,” focused on how to help improve trade ties and boost cooperation by promoting U.S. export to China, boosting trade cooperation and attracting Chinese investments into the U.S. Midwest region. World Business Chicago was a partner of the event.
During the event, a Governor-CEO roundtable took place. Below is a recap:
- The economic relationship between the U.S. and China should be mutually beneficial. The cooperation of the two largest economies in the world will benefit local communities, our two nations, and to help advance global economic development.
- The U.S. and China are at a defining juncture—complex but with boundless future economic opportunity. To achieve mutual benefits, we must commit to deeper interaction, respect, and embrace compromise where needed.
- The U.S. and China partnership incorporates understanding, cooperation, pragmatism and intention—to achieve real outcomes for our respective economies and communities.
- The following actions were recommended:
- Establish an exporting council for U.S. companies to work most effectively with China.
- Utilize existing communications platforms for open and direct dialogue to address and resolve concerns and issues, such as streamlining onerous regulation, and encouraging integrated work teams between and among Chinese state, provincial, and municipal governments as well as U.S. federal, state, and municipal trade and investment policies to leverage and engage existing business groups such as chambers, industry organizations, and other avenues.
- Embrace technologies to promote e-commerce between and among small businesses and reduce barriers to entry for countries.
Getting to Know DCASE Commissioner Erin Harkey
Tell us about where you grew up and tell a special high school memory/story. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and went to Santa Monica High School; high…
Black History Spotlight - Blake Anthony-Johnson
A Conversation with Blake-Anthony Johnson, CEO and President of Chicago Sinfonietta Blake-Anthony Johnson’s multifaceted career has included work as a performer, collaborator, recording artist, and
Black History Spotlight - Leon Walker
Meet Leon Walker Over the past 20 years, Leon I. Walker, Esq., has spearheaded cutting-edge community development projects that have generated thousands of new jobs and brought grocery stores and&hell
INVEST South/West breaks ground on its first project of the year in South Shore and brings a $100 million media campus to the area
By: Markayle Tolliver South Shore, Chicago, IL | This afternoon, Regal Mile Studios along with Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Alderwoman Michelle Harris (8th ward), Jim Reynolds, LOOP Capital CEO, and the&he