Chicago Venture Summit Reveals First Five Presenting Companies For October Event
Organizers for the Chicago Venture Summit today announced the first five emerging growth companies that will present at the Midwest venture event on October 14th and 15th.
These five companies are the first of dozens of expected tech firms to be selected to showcase their technologies in front of the nation’s leading venture capital firms.
“These first five firms are an excellent representation of the innovation we are seeing across the Midwest and what we expect will be an eye-opening display of what makes Chicago and the region such a rich opportunity for investors,” said Guy Turner, managing partner, Hyde Park Venture Partners. “The selection committee is continuing the hard work of choosing the best of the best.”
The first five participating companies include:
- Keeper Security: The Chicago mobile/data security company is the creator of Keeper, the password manager and data vault. Keeper can be used across all smartphones, tablets and computers and is available for download at the iTunes App Store, Google Play and the Windows Store. Keeper Security was originally seed funded by founder Darren Guccione.
- Geofeedia: The Chicago cloud/social media company specializes in location-based social media monitoring. The platform quickly gathers social data from specific locations and across multiple social sources to provide groups like law enforcement a way to mine relevant, actionable data. Geofeedia has received funding from Hyde Park Venture Partners.
- TrackIf: The Minnetonka, Minn. mobile e-commerce company tracks prices on consumer goods by allowing users to create personalized pricing alerts for online products. TrackIf has been backed by Chicago Ventures, Confluence Capital, NEW Capital Fund, Wisconsin Investment Partners and Doug Berg, founder at Jobs2Web.
- Ahalogy: The Cincinnati, Ohio social content/SaaS company uses proprietary technology and algorithms to build content marketing tools to gain businesses more exposure on Pinterest and drive sales. Ahalogy’s investors include Vine St. Ventures, Hyde Park Angels, Origin Ventures, Cincy Tech and North Coast Angel Fund.
- RocketMiles.com: The Chicago e-commerce/travel company allows travelers to earn miles in major frequent flier programs when booking at select, hand-picked hotels. RocketMiles.com is backed by several investors, including Chicago Ventures, Sam Yagan, CEO of Match.com and Managing Member at FireStarter Fund, Atlas Ventures and August Capital.
“We are very grateful to have been selected for this flagship and prestigious event,” said Darren Guccione, CEO & co-founder, Keeper Security. “We look forward to presenting to world-class venture firms and showcasing Chicago as a technology innovator.”
Additional announcements regarding presenting companies at the Chicago Venture Summit will be announced in the coming weeks.
About the Chicago Venture Summit
The Chicago Venture Summit will be held at Venue Six10 on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue. The Summit’s agenda includes presentations by dozens of the top emerging tech companies in the Midwest, panel discussions with national technology experts, and private dinners with C-suite leaders of the Midwest’s Fortune 100 companies.
ChicagoNEXT seeks to create innovative programs to foster technology and entrepreneurship in Chicago, including shared space partnerships, exchange programs for entrepreneurs and outreach to venture capital firms and technology talent. ChicagoNEXT is led by J.B. Pritzker and is an outgrowth of World Business Chicago, chaired by Mayor Rahm Emanuel. WBC leads the city’s business retention, attraction and expansion efforts, raises Chicago’s position as a premier global business destination, and guides implementation of the Plan for Economic Growth & Jobs.
Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot & World Business Chicago Announce the Inaugural Chicago Venture Summit Future-of-Food
More than 600 founders, Fortune 500 leaders, and investors are attending Chicago’s flagship food innovation conference hosted by World Business Chicago. CHICAGO, May 26, 2022 – Chicago Mayor Lori
The Rattan L. Khosa SeedCon is Chicago Booth’s flagship entrepreneurship and venture capital conference. As the world seemed to stand still amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, investors, entrepreneurs, an
World Business Chicago Partners with Global Fintech Leader tastytrade for ThinkChicago Fintech Summit
“Innovation is the many years of study and analysis, which then finds itself in the path of an emerging opportunity” -Linwood Ma, tastytrade CTO World Business Chicago was proud to…
CBO Collective Announces $1 Million Grant from Google.org to Provide Job Placement and Support to Jobseekers from Under-Resourced Chicago Communities
CHICAGO — The Community Based Organization Collective today announced a $1 million grant from Google.org to help place hundreds of jobseekers on Chicago’s South and West sides into in-demand caree