World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city. As an initiative of World Business Chicago (WBC), supported by a council of 250+ tech community leaders, Innovation & Venture (I&V) drives inclusive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy and innovation ecosystem through their portfolio of programs and initiatives. Our flagship programs include Startup Chicago, the Chicago Venture Summit, Venture Engine (with the Illinois Science and Technology Coalition) and ThinkChicago.
World Business Chicago is seeking a full-time Program Associate to support WBC’s growing portfolio of innovation & venture programs, and to assist in the development and execution of all related innovation initiatives. The Program Associate will report to the Director of Innovation Strategy and ThinkChicago Program Manager, and receive guidance and direction from the EVP of Innovation & Venture, the I&V Chair, and World Business Chicago leadership. This position will work closely with the Innovation Program Manager, ThinkChicago Program Associate, Venture Program Associate, and I&V council members. The Program Associate will have relevant project and events support experience, excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
● Provide support with event logistics, student & founder participation, and corporate engagement for all I&V programs and related initiatives (ThinkChicago, Startup Chicago, Venture Engine, Chicago Venture Summit)
● Support development of program content, activities and promotional strategy
● Maintain and update all ThinkChicago and Venture Program media channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
● Manage communications leading up to, during, and after events through event platform software
● Maintain and update digital tools including online application systems and founder surveys.
● Manage maintenance and updates for program websites
● Produce monthly newsletters for company partners and ThinkChicago attendees; assist with development of Startup Chicago newsletter
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
● Successfully support, and in some cases manage, multiple relationships with various stakeholders in Chicago innovation and technology ecosystem
● Maintain comprehensive project documentation
● Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to impeccably execute projects
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s technology/innovation community
● Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors
● Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning and execution
● Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
● Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
● Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations
● Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive level leadership
● Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred.
● 2 years of experience in project/program management
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
● Financial budget and reporting experience
● Ability to travel as needed
● Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment, with an expectation of at least 3 days spent in the office/in field per week.
● Full Covid-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Carrie Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job: Research Director World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicag
About the Job: Research Director World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business and promotes the Ch
About the Job: Event Manager World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a lea
About the Job: Director, Community Impact World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and prom